How to write a good subject line for your marketing emails to get customers to open your emails.
A subject line is a very important part of email marketing. A good email subject line can boost open rates, increase click-through rates, and help your email get delivered to the inbox rather than spam.
Some email providers allow email marketers to test different subject lines against each other to determine which one has the best open rate. You can use email open rate tracking to choose the best email subject line for your email marketing campaign.
How to Write a Good Email Subject Line: Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks for how to write a good email subject line:
- The subject line should be around 50 characters long. Since email clients will cut off anything longer, email subject lines should be around 50 characters or less.
- The email subject line should have a clear benefit to the email recipient. Some email clients will cut off help text and email subject lines that don't convey a benefit to the email recipient may not get delivered.
- The email subject line should be free of spam words.
- Read the email subject line out loud before sending it to someone else. If you can't read it, then your email recipients probably won't understand what the email is about either.
- Ensure that email subject lines follow email rules of conduct .
- A email subject line should avoid being wordy.
Example of a Good Email Subject Line
"Save 20% off your next purchase!" Click Here!
A concise email subject line with a clear benefit will have a better chance of being opened than an email that has been sent to the same email list with no email subject lines and is subject to email rules of conduct.
What are the email rules of conduct you ask?
Email providers don't like email subject lines that make false claims about the email content. Also, email subject lines must also avoid using illegal email subjects like promoting diet pills without requiring a doctor's prescription.
And here are email rules of conduct you should read for yourself to know what is not allowed in email subject lines: https://mailchimp.github.io/features-content/safety/preferred-email-subjects/
Also what are spam words?
A spam word is a email subject line that email providers won't deliver because they are associated with spam email. Here you go: https://blog.mailchimp.com/spam-words/
In summary email subject lines that include email rules of conduct and spam words will be sent to email recipients spam folder, and email subject lines that convey a benefit with no spam words and email rules of conduct will have a better chance of being opened than email subject lines that don't follow email rules of conduct.
Thank you for reading this article on how to write email subject lines that email recipients will be sure to open. To read more on email marketing, email design tips and email best practices.